Sunday, October 08, 2006

Taraweeh

Definition: Special evening prayers performed during Ramadan. During each night's prayer, one juz’ (1/30) of the Qur'an will be recited, so that by the end of the month the entire Qur'an will have been read. The word Taraweeh comes from Arabic word which means to rest and relax. The prayer can be very long (well over an hour), during which one stands upright to read from the Qur'an and performs many cycles of movement (standing, bowing, prostrating, sitting). After each four cycles, one sits for a brief period of rest before continuing -- this is where the name Taraweeh ("rest prayer") comes from.

I love Taraweeh it stronger my Eman (believe) and charge me with power so I can continue the year peacefully worshipping Allah. I usually attend it in the mosque near my house, For a change I went to Saeda Ayesha mosque located in Abdoon were I heard that Yahya Hawwa is the Imam (prayer leader) I love his voice so much.

The result my friends is my legs hurts so bad since he read 1 page every rukaa and I’m staying home so I can get better :( and I cant wait till I go there again !!!! :p

No comments: